Easy, home made 3 ingredient mango ice-cream. A perfect way to enjoy the king of fruits this summer. Try this no-churn ice cream today
Its summer and the market is full of ripe mangoes. Hubby and the kids are now pretty sure that we wouldn’t be buying ice creams from the store ever. Home made ice creams are not just easy to make but far more tasty and flavourful. Try this one and I am pretty sure you would agree.Make best use of the mango season and treat your kids and family to this lip smacking ice cream. Have fun.
Here are few more easy ice cream recipes you can try :
Oreo Ice cream
Strawberry Ice cream
Blackcurrant Ice cream
#3 Ingredient Mango Ice-cream
Easy homemade mango ice-cream .
For the mango puree- Remove the pulp of 2-3 large ripe mangoes and puree it in an electric mixer. Strain it through a sieve to remove any fibers.
Mix the powdered sugar and the mango puree together until the sugar dissolves completely. Taste it at this point to check for sweetness.
Tip the cream into a large bowl and add the sweetened mango puree to it.
Beat/ whip the ice cream mix over an ice bath for 3-4 minutes . [I used a electric hand mixer for this. But a manual balloon whisk works too].
Beat until all the contents are mixed well and it starts to look creamy.
Pour into an ice cream tray [or an aluminium baking tin]. Cover and seal with an aluminium foil. This will prevent the formation of ice crystals.
After about 2 hours beat the semi frozen ice cream well. [You may do this with a balloon whisk keeping the ice cream in the same tray itself]
Cover and seal with the aluminium foil and place it back in the freezer.
Repeat step 8 two more times with a gap of one hour in between. Allow the ice cream to then set for 2-4 hours. And your mango ice cream is ready to be served.
- The freeze-beat-refreeze repeat step gives the yummiest creamy ice cream.
- Do make sure that the ice cream tray is covered and sealed every time it is placed back in the freezer. This helps to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- The sweetness of the ice cream depends quite a lot on the variety of mangoes used. Add the sugar to suit your taste buds accordingly.
- I used Amul whipping cream this time. But fresh cream works just as well. It is preferred that the cream used is chilled. But if not that is ok. Please don't place the cream in the freezer to chill it.
- For the ice bath- Simply place ice cubes in a large vessel and place the vessel with the ice cream mix over it. This helps the cream to gain volume faster while whipping/ beating.