Why would you like this? Here’s the answer- just 2 ingredients and about 15 minutes of work. Then let the freezer do its job for 4 hours and you got your creamy, yummy ice cream ready.
Plus no cooking or the need for any fancy equipment. Okay now that I have got your attention let’s move on to the recipe.
Blackcurrant Ice Cream [Version-2]
No churn , super quick , two ingredient black currant ice-cream!
Tip both the ingredients in a large deep bowl and whisk/beat well using an electric hand mixer or manually with a balloon whisk. Do this till the mixture gains volume and appears creamy . [It takes roughly about 15 minutes]
Pour into an ice cream tray. Cover and seal with aluminium foil.
Freeze for 4 -5 hours and serve.
- I did not add any extra sugar. The blackcurrant crush took care of the sweetness, colour and flavour. I used Mala's blackcurrant crush.
- The dairy whipping cream has more fat content than regular fresh cream. I found that it gave a creamier result with lesser effort. [I used Amul's whipping cream]
- Using an electric hand mixer with a whisk attachment makes the work easier and gives a better result.
- Chilling the whipping cream and the crush makes the whipping process faster. [Using a ice bath is a good idea too]
- You can try various ice cream flavours using the same recipe and different fruit crushes.
- I usually beat the ice cream mix a couple of times with a gap of 1 hour in between freezing, before setting the ice cream finally for a couple of hours. The good news is, I never did that here and the result is still fabulous. Try it and do let me know.