Sweet and aromatic eggless cinnamon rolls.
These pillow soft rolls are super easy to make and make a wonderful tea time snack.
I have been wanting to try these eggless cinnamon rolls for a long time. So when I invited Bishakha and Ashish over for tea, these spongy – sweet and spicy rolls seemed perfect.
I am not an expert with breads but this one I would definitely say is a keeper. Not just because the end result is awesome but also because it is so damn easy to make.
The recipe is perfect for making 6-8 small cinnamon rolls. Try these spongy cinnamon rolls soon .
Here’s the recipe-
Here are some easy bread recipes you can check out-
One rise burger buns
Easy Eggless Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Sweet and aromatic eggless cinnamon rolls. These pillow soft rolls are super easy to make and make a wonderful tea time snack.
For the cinnamony filling
Sift the flour and salt together.
In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar to the warm milk. Whisk well to combine the ingredients.
Add the instant yeast to the above and mix.
After 2-3 minutes, mix in the sifted flour until just combined.
Cover the bowl with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes.
Gently knead the 'soft' dough for 2-3 minutes.
Transfer into a clean, greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
Set aside for the first proofing/ until the dough doubles in size.
Punch down the dough gently and transfer it to a clean flat surface dusted with some flour.
Roll out the dough into a 5 by 10 inch rectangle.
Brush the top of the rolled out dough with a generous amount of melted butter.
Mix the cane sugar and cinnamon powder together.
Sprinkle it evenly over the butter coated dough. You can use the back of a spoon to smoothen and even it out.
Roll into a tight cylinder and slightly pinch together the edges to seal.
Use a sharp knife to cut the cylinder into equal sized rolls. [around 6-8 rolls]
Line a 7 inch round baking tin with parchment.
Arrange the cinnamon rolls [with the concentric cinnamon rings showing above] slightly apart from each other.
Cover with a damp cloth and allow to double in size [ second proofing]
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
Brush the top of the rolls with milk before placing into the preheated oven.
Bake at 180 degrees C for 20-25 minutes or until the top gets nice and golden.
Remove from the oven . Serve fresh and warm.
1. The dough must be soft and moist but not sticky. If needed you may add 1-2 tsps of milk .
2. I prepped the dough the previous evening and refrigerated the dough after the first proofing. You can do this too - Simply wrap the deflated dough after 1st proofing in a cling film and place it inside a slightly larger airtight container.
3. Cinnamon rolls taste best when served warm and fresh. But incase you are making them in advance, store them in an airtight container once completely cooled. Place them in a preheated oven for 10 minutes [pre heated and switched off] and serve them warm.
4. I like placing the dough to be proofed in a warm dark place, like my oven. You can do this too. [Don't switch on the oven though]
5. You can increase/ decrease the amount of filling to suit your taste. I wouldn't reduce the butter though. Because it makes these rolls so soft and yum.
6. The milk must be just warm not 'hot' especially before you add the yeast.
7. You may use salted butter and skip salt added to the flour in the recipe.
I hope to see some yummy cinnamon rolls coming up from your end soon. Happy baking.