Lunchbox Ideas 10
Short Break :Khaman Dhokla , Mixed Sprouts Salad with Mango Dressing
Lunch: Phulkas with Aalu Gobi Sabzi and Lassi
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
1. Knead soft dough for the phulkas and store refrigerated in an air tight container.
2. Pressure cook two large potatoes on medium heat for 2 whistles. Allow to cool and refrigerate.
3. Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets . Blanch in warm water [with a pinch of turmeric]. Rinse and drain the water. Refrigerate. [about 2 cups]
4. Soak a mix of whole lentils -green moong, black channa, dried yellow peas [ about 1 large cup] for 5-6 hours . Drain the water and tranfer into an airtight container lined with a damp muslin cloth. Cover and keep at room temperature overnight for the lentils to sprout. Store refrigerated once ready. You can prepare this in advance and store it refrigerated. Use it in salads, sundal, daals etc.
5. You can prepare the dhokla the previous night and refrigerate.
Aalu Gobi Sabzi / Cauliflower Potato Stir Fry
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
2. Add a tsp of cumin/jeera.
3. Once the jeera splutters add the cauliflower florets, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of chilli powder, 1 tsp of coriander powder and salt to taste. Stir to mix and coat the florets with the masala [spices].
4.Sprinkle a little water, cover with a lid and allow to cook on a medium flame for 5-10 minutes , stirring occastionally.
5. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into medium sized cubes.
6. Add the cubed potatoes and mix.
7. Open cook on medium flame [you may add a tsp of oil if required]
8. Fry until the veggies are well cooked.
9. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Here’s the Recipe link for the khaman dhokla.
I have replaced the citric acid with lemon juice and the eno with baking powder.
Mixed Sprouts Salad with Mango Dressing
1. Pressure cook the soaked sprouts on a medium flame for 2 whistles. [About 1and1/2 cups of sprouts with 1/2 cup of water]
2. Once the pressure comes down, transfer into a large seive / strainer to drain the water.
3. In a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber, 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds and the cooked sprouts.
4.For mango dressing : Chop a ripe mango into tiny cubes, add the juice of one large lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well with a fork .
5. Add the dressing to the mixing bowl and toss the salad.
Hope you liked this lunchbox idea.