Lunchbox Ideas 11
Short Break : No Bake Granola Bars, Diced Apple
Lunch : Palak Paneer, Roti, Kheera Shikanji/ Cucumber lemonade
Prep Work For the Previous Evening
1. The granola bars can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator .
2. Wash the spinach leaves well, drain the water and chop roughly. Keep under a fan to dry out a bit before tranferring it into a ziplock pouch / airtight container and refrigerating.You can also blanch and prepare the spinach puree the previous evening itself. Refrigerate once completely cooled.
3. Knead the chappati dough and refrigerate in an airtight container.
No bake Granola Bars / Instant Energy Bars
1. In a large bowl mix – 1 cup of oats [ you may roast it slightly], 1/4 cup of Chopped Almonds, 1/4 cup of mixed seeds [ sunflower, melon , pumpkin , chia], 1/2 cup of chopped dates, 1 tsp of melted butter, 1 tsp of honey [optional]
2. Bring all the ingredients together. [ The dates help in binding the other ingredients of the granola together, if needed you may add a little honey too]
3. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle on a parchment paper.
4. Refrigerate for half an hour and slice into ‘bars’
5. Store the granola bars in the refrigerator.
Note : The quality of dates may vary and thus affect the ‘binding’ capacity. I used Kimia dates which are very soft and I did not require honey for sweetness or binding.
Kheera Shikanji/ Cucumber Lemonade
1. Peel and grate one large cucumber. [Check for bitterness before grating]
2. Blend the above with 2 cups of water, sugar to taste, pinch of salt , 1 tsp chat masala and juice of 1 large lemon.
3. Pass through a strainer and serve the yummy cucumber lemonade.
1.Adjust the amount of sugar/ lemon juice to suit your tastebuds.
2. Don’t blend along with lemon ‘seeds’ to avoid the shikanji from turning bitter.
Hope you liked this tiffin menu.