Lunchbox Ideas 13
Short Break- Kuzhi Paniharam with Easy Tomato Chutney
Lunch – Dal-Chawal, Crispy Air Fried Cauliflower
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
1. The Kuzhipaniharam requires fermented idly/dosa batter.
2. The tomato chutney can be prepared in advance and stored refrigerated.
Easy Tomato Chutney
1. Heat 2 tsps of oil in a pan.
2. Add 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
3. Once the mustard splutters add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder and salt to taste.
4. Cook over medium heat until the oil separates.
5. Store refrigerated in an airtight container once completely cool.
1.Heat the paniharam pan/appe pan over medium heat with very little oil in each mold.
2. Add 1 tbsp of idly batter in each groove.
3. Flip once the paniharam starts turning golden brown around the edges and the first side is cooked.
4. Remove from heat once the other side is cooked well and serve.
You may add chopped onions/tomatoes/grated carrots to your paniharam batter too.
1.I have used a mix of tur dal and masur dal. Pressure cook [1cup dal with 2 cups water] with a pinch of turmeric for 3-4 whistles.
2. For tempering: Heat oil in a pan, add jeera seeds. Once it starts to splutter add 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1 chopped green chilli.
3. Fry for a minute and add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp dhania powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and salt to taste.
4. Cook until the oil starts to separate.
5. Add the cooked dal and adjust the consistency by adding water [if required]
6. Mix well and give it a brisk boil.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Crispy Cauliflower [airfried]
1. Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets, wash and drain.
2. In a bowl mix 2 tbsp of chirotirava [fine semolina], 1 tsp each of turmeric powder, dhania powder, chilli powder, a pinch of heeng and salt to taste.
3. Toss the cauliflower florets in this masala to coat well.
4. Pre heat the air frier at 180 degrees C for 5 minutes.
5. Mix the coated florets with 1.5 tsps of oil.
6. Air fry the cauliflower at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
7. Toss to mix well [mix in a little oil only if needed]
8. Air fry again for 5-7 minutes.
9. Toss and fry a final time [if needed ] for 3-4 minutes.
10. Alternately you can make this by pan frying with minimal oil or bake it in an oven too.
[This yummy rava coated cauliflower recipe was shared by Swati Prabhu. I absolutely love the crunch the semolina gives. I decided to air fry these instead of shallow frying like in the original recipe to make it healthier. Thankyou Swati for a yummy recipe]
Like this meal plan? Try this too.