Lunchbox Ideas 14
Short Break- Ghugni [dried yellow/white peas in a chatpata gravy] with chopped cucumber and pomegranate arils.
Lunch- Vegetable Pulao , Pineapple Raita, Grapes
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
1. Soak 1 cup dries yellow/white peas overnight.
Ghugni/ Dried yellow or white peas in a chatpata gravy
1. Pressure cook the soaked peas for 4-5 whistles or until the peas become soft.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds, a small piece of cinnamon/dalchini, 2 pods of cardamom, 1 mace / javitri. Fry for a few seconds before adding 1 cup of chopped onions and 1 chopped green chilli.
4. Once the onion turns pink add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes , 1 tsp of turmeric and 1.5 tsps of dhania powder.
5. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the cooked peas [along with the liquid].
7. Add salt to taste , stir well and cook covered on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove the lid, add 1 tsp of roasted jeera powder and 1/2 tsp of amchur.
9. Mix well and turn off heat.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with chopped cucumber and pomegranate arils.
Vegetable Pulao [One-pot Meal]
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pressure cooker.
2. Add 1 tsp of jeera seeds, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves, 1 inch stick of cinnamon, 1 star anise and a green chilli slit in half.
3. Stir fry for a few seconds and add the vegetables [ 1/4 cup each of chopped onions, carrot, beans, green peas ]. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix in 1 cup of washed and drained rice [preferably a long grained variety].
5. Mix well and add 2 cups of water, 1 tsp of dhania/coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
6. Close the lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
7. Once the pressure comes down add a tbsp of butter and some chopped coriander to garnish.
To one cup of whisked curd add 1/4 cup of chopped pineapple, 1/2 tsp of pepper powder, 1/4 tsp of chilli powder, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder and salt to taste.
Mix well and serve.
Love this Lunchbox Idea? Try this too.