Lunchbox Ideas-Day 5
Short Break- Sprouts and Pomegranate Salad with Honey-lemon dressing
Lunch- Phulkas, Chow-chow[squash] Carrot Sabzi, Curd
PREP WORK FOR THE NIGHT BEFORE
- Knead a soft chapatti dough and store refrigerated in an air tight container.
- Peel and chop the chow-chow into small cubes [about 1 and 1/2 cups]. Store refrigerated in an air tight box.
- Scrape the skin of the carrot and cut into small cubes, store along with the chow-chow. [1 cup]
- Soak 1 large cup of whole green moong for 4-5 hours. Wrap in a damp cloth and place it in an airtight container. Leave it overnight for the daal to sprout. Refrigerate the sprouts once ready. You can prepare this in a larger quantity and use it for salads, chats, sundal, curries etc.
- Deseed one large pomegranate and store refrigerated.
Chow-chow Carrot Sabzi
- Heat 1 tbsp. of ghee in a pan.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds and 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Once the mustard starts to splutter add a pinch of heeng/asafoetida , a chopped green chilli and a sprig of curry leaves.
- Add the chopped veggies, 1 tsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Stir well and close with a lid. Cook on a medium flame until the veggies become tender.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin/jeera powder and 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- Stir and open cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve.
Sprouts and Pomegranate Salad With Honey-Lime Dressing
- In a large bowl mix 1 cup of green moong sprouts, 1 cup of pomegranate seeds, 1/2 cup cucumber[chopped into tiny cubes], 1 grated carrot.
- For the dressing- Mix 2 tbsps of honey, juice of 1 large lemon, 1 tsp of pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Add this to the salad and toss to mix well.
Like this lunchbox idea?