Almond Butter Cookies | Badam Milk Cookies
3-ingredient almond butter cookies- buttery, melt in the mouth cookies made with flour, butter and almond milk powder.
This is one of my signature cookies. I absolutely love them and so does everyone who has had a bite of these beauties. And yes it uses only three ingredients. Too simple to miss, isn’t it?
You can also make these cookies healthier by replacing the all purpose flour with whole wheat or other healthy flours like barley flour/ millet flours.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 15 cookies
1 cup all purpose flour Or whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Badam/ almond milk powder [ I used MTR]
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1-2 tsps Powdered Sugar if you want to increase sweetness
10 Almonds slivered, for decorating your cookies
- Cream the butter and badam milk powder together until it turns smooth and is well combined.
- Add the flour and knead into a soft dough.
- Shape into cookies. [You can place chopped almond pieces and press it into the cookie gently ]. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Place the cookies on a greased and lined baking tray. [Place them slightly apart, since butter cookies tend to expand during baking]
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 150C for 10-12 minutes or until the lower edges start to turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes .
- Transfer the cookies on to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight jar.
- Oven temperature and time may vary. Your cookies are done once the lower edges start to change colour.
- I used MTR badam milk powder. Since it already has added sugar, I din't add any separately.
- You can also use powdered almonds or almond meal in place of the badam milk powder. You would need to add sugar separately in this case. You can add about 1/4 cup of almond meal and 1/4 cup of sugar.
Posted originally on FEBRUARY 19, 2016