Summer holidays mean hungry kids who want something interesting 10 times a day. These bread sticks make quite a lovely snack with some cheesy dip or tomato salsa.
The recipe has been adapted from King Arthur Flour’s blog. It has some really amazing bread recipes.
Did I tell you this recipe does not require kneading and you just need to let it rise once.
3/4 cup Lukewarm water
1 and 1/2 tbsps Olive oil
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Instant yeast
1 and 3/4 cups All purpose flour
2 tsps Pizza seasoning
Dried herbs and pizza seasoning to sprinkle on top
- Grease and line a 9 inch by 6.5 inch sheet tin [ you can also use a brownie tray ].
- Mix all the ingredients together [except the ones to be sprinkled on top ].
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared tray.
- Grease your palms and spread the batter evenly .
- With a sharp knife score 1 inch wide strips [score lengthwise].
- Score another line horizontally to divide the strips into halves. [You will get 10-12 bread sticks using the above recipe]
- Cover with a cling film and set aside for 1 hour.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes [You can do this 10-15 minutes prior to baking].
- After an hour brush the top lightly with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning and dried herbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes or until the top turns a light golden brown.
- You may brush the top with butter to make the bread sticks buttery and soft.
- Carefully transfer the flat bread onto a wire rack. Wait for 10-15 minutes for the bread to cool down a bit.
- Use sharp knife to cut across the scored lines and your gorgeous bread sticks are ready to be served.
- You can store these in an air tight container once completely cooled. Place them for a couple of minutes in a warm oven before serving.
- Oven temperature and time may vary. Bake until the top looks a light golden brown.
- These taste best when served warm and fresh out of the oven.