Gulab Jamun Mix Cookies
3 Ingredient Gulab Jamun Cookies
Melt in the mouth buttery gulab jamun cookies made with just 3 ingredients. A fun recipe to use left over gulab jamun mix.
The buttery warm smell of freshly baked cookies always puts me in a great mood. I love cookies for the fact that they can be made with the simplest of ingredients and pretty much with anything in your kitchen pantry.
Here’s another simple, super yum, buttery, crumbly cookie recipe for you. Ever tried the ready made gulab jamun mix to make cookies? I am sure you will after seeing these.
Melt in the mouth buttery cookies make with just 3 ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Passive Time 10 minutes
Servings 25 cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter [soft]
3/4 cup sugar Powdered
2 and 1/2 cups Gulab jamun mix powder [I used MTR]
- In a large bowl mix in all the ingredients until they are well combined and form a soft dough.
- Line a cookie tray/ baking tin with parchment paper.
- Divide the cookie dough into 25- 30 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth round ball between your palms and slightly flatten it. [You may make a pattern on top using a fork]
- Repeat the same with rest of the dough.
- Place the shaped cookies in the prepared baking tray, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies in the pre heated oven at 150 degrees C for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack after 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
- Oven temperature and time may vary. Bake until the cookie edges start to turn a light shade of brown.
- These cookies tend to spread a little, thus placing them a little apart is important.
- Chilling the cookie dough helps to maintain the shape of the cookie while baking it.
- In case your cookie dough feel too soft or buttery, you may add a couple of spoons of all purpose flour or a little more of the gulab jamun mix to adjust the consistency.
- I used MTR's readymade gulab jamun mix for the above recipe.
- For this particular recipe, it is important to use unsalted butter only. Since the gulab jamun mix already has added salt, using salted butter will effect the taste of the cookie.
Do let me know how this turns out for you. Happy Baking !
Posted originally on OCTOBER 7, 2016