Cane Sugar Cookies | 3-Ingredient Cookies
|3- Ingredient Cane Sugar Cookies|
These whole wheat 3- Ingredient Cane Sugar Cookies are similar to simple butter biscuits but distinctly flavoured with cane sugar.
I recently bought a large pack of cane sugar and have been using it a lot in my baking. Cane sugar adds a beautiful flavour of its own. I wanted this cookie to be just about that. It also gives the cookie a lovely crunch and a gorgeous golden brown colour.
Simple and easy like always, here we go.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 15 cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup cane sugar
- Cream the butter and cane sugar together until it turns smooth. [Use the heel of your palm to mix the two ingredients together, in a clockwise circular motion].
- Add the whole wheat flour and bring into a firm dough.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Shape the cookies and place them on a greased and lined baking tray.
- Bake at 150 C for 10-12 minutes or until the lower edges start to turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven and after 5 minutes transfer onto a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
- Oven temperature and time may vary. Bake just until the lower edges start to brown.
- This is a very basic whole wheat butter biscuit recipe but the highlight here is the cane sugar. Do give it a shot.
Posted originally on MARCH 18, 2016