Multi-grain Almond Cookies
|Multi-grain Almond Cookies|
Crunchy cookies made with a mix of healthy flours and nuts to make a perfect snack. These multi-grain almond cookies are buttery and yum.
I love baking cookies and I love making something new every single time. I have stocked up on a lot of healthy flour varieties and they go perfectly well with cookies.
These beauties are buttery and chewy and you can feel the almonds in every bite. Interesting?? Read on then….
Multi-grain Almond Cookies- These cookies are buttery and chewy and you can feel the almonds in every bite.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 40 cookies
1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter
1 cup sugar Powdered
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup Jowar flour
1 cup Bajra flour
1/4 cup Ragi flour
3/4 cup Almonds Powdered
2 tbsps Badam milk powder [ I used MTR]
- Sieve all the flours together and set aside.
- In a big plate/ thali cream the butter [soft but not melted] and the sugar till it becomes light and fluffy. Use the back of your palm to flatten and press the butter sugar mixture down and mix in a circular motion, until it is creamed well. This takes about 10-15 mins.
- Add the badam/almond milk powder and the powdered almonds and combine well.
- Add the sieved flour and bring into a soft dough.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 mins.
- Shape the cookies and arrange them on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake at 150 C for 10 mins or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight jar.
- The badam milk powder gives a lovely flavour to the cookie. But if it isn't available , you can skip it.
- For the almond powder I just ground about 1/2 a cup of almonds in a regular mixer.
- When just out of the oven, these cookies are very soft. Wait for about 5 mins and then remove them carefully using a flat spatula and transfer onto a cooling rack.
Posted originally on DECEMBER 3, 2015