Whole Wheat Nutty Butter Cookies
|Whole Wheat Nutty Butter Cookies|
Once you get past the nutty crunch, the sweet buttery biscuit just melts in your mouth. I bet you can’t stop at one. We enjoyed ours with ginger tea and the kids with their milk. What’s your plan?
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/8 Cup Milk Powder
1/4 cup Cashewnuts
1/4 cup Almonds
1/2 cup sugar Powdered
1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- Powder the cashews and almonds together.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, powdered nuts and milk powder together.
- Take the butter [ soft but not melted] and sugar in a large plate and cream until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and bring into a firm dough.
- Shape the cookies and refrigerate for half an hour [ or place in the freezer for 10 minutes]
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 150 C for 10 minutes [ or until the lower edges start to turn light brown].
- Remove from oven. Transfer to a cooling rack after 10 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight jar.
- These cookies are buttery and tend to spread out. Thus refrigeration becomes necessary. It is also important to keep enough space between each cookie while arranging them in the baking tray.
- I simply powdered the nuts in my mixer. Just pulse once or twice. Otherwise it might turn into a paste.
- Oven temperature and time may vary. Turn off the heat once the edges start to turn a light golden brown.
Posted originally on JANUARY 20, 2016