Basic Wholewheat Chocolate Cake
Basic Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
This one is a perfect recipe for beginners. It is soft, moist , spongy and has a superb crumb.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
1 and 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsps Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsps Cocoa powder
1 cup Milk
2 tbsps Curd
1/3 cup Oil
3/4 cup Sugar Powdered
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Dark chocolate chunks [ optional]
- Sieve the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together 6-8 times.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Mix the milk and curd. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the oil and vanilla essence. Beat well with a balloon whisk.
- Fold in the sieved flour gently, until no lumps remain.
- Pour into a greased and lined baking tin. [ An 8 inch round cake tin will work for this recipe]
- Tap the tin on the kitchen counter gently, to remove any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 180 C for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to leave the tin and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Transfer onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Melted dark chocolate topping [optional]- I melted some dark chocolate in a double boiler and spread it over the cooled cake. It takes about half an hour or so for the chocolate layer to set, after which you can slice and enjoy these beauties
- Oven temperature and time may vary. Check on your bake after about 25 minutes.
- Sieving gives the cake its light and spongy texture. It also makes sure that the dry ingredients are mixed uniformly. Please follow the recipe for a good result.
Originally posted on MARCH 3, 2016
Post a Comment